At Evis Build, we undertake all manner of garage conversions in Surrey, Kent and London. We know that with cars getting bigger, garages tend to be too small for their intended purpose and are being used to store items which garden sheds could store just as easily. Hence, converting a garage to a room which can function as an additional living space is an excellent option if you would like to extend your home quickly and on a relatively low budget when compared to the cost of an extension or loft conversion. Our garage conversion specialists will work hard to make sure your garage conversion is completed to exactly the specification you require and provide you with the space you are after.
Key points to consider about garage conversions – Surrey, Kent or London
Although we can help design your proposed garage conversion in Surrey, Kent or London and work through the finer details before we start your building work, there are a couple of points we think you should first consider before you give us a call.
Type of garages
Depending upon the size of your garage, you have a couple of options on how we should convert your garage.
- Single garage conversions would provide around 14 square meters or floor space once completed.
- Double garages could be converted as a whole area or just one side, which would still leave you with a single garage.
- Tandem garages could also be converted as a whole area or just the rear half, which would still leave you with a single garage.
- Standalone garages would usually require planning permission from your local authority to change their use.
Type of spaces
There are a multitude of spaces which can be created from a garage conversion. Some of the most popular uses for a garage conversion in Surrey, Kent or London are:
- An office
- A children’s play-room or teenagers ‘snug’
- A larger kitchen
- An additional bathroom
- A TV or cinema room
- A downstairs bedroom
- A separate lounge
- A dining room
- A home gym
Local authority involvement with garage conversions – Surrey, Kent or London
Once you have made some decisions about your garage conversion in Surrey, Kent or London, you may want to know whether you need planning permission for your garage conversion.